Timing

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." ~1 Peter 5:6-7 NIV

God's timing is so incredible. Everything that happens, happens at the time it is meant to. God knows what each of us needs and gives it to us in due time. We often try to rush God and complain when things don't happen the way we want them too. We forget that our master and creator has everything in control, and we try to take the reign from his hands and control everything ourselves. 

Tina had said that the timing of me being here was a blessing. I grasped that concept before coming, but it really wasn't until the other night that I fully understood what she meant by that. I also had no idea that I was HEAL's first year long intern ever. That's pretty cool. 

Then the other day, a mother kit was found in our supplies. Here in Uganda, you have to either pay for or bring with you all of the supplies needed to give birth (a sterile sheet to protect you from whatever the patient before you came in sick with, the instruments needed, etc.). We weren't sure what we were going to do with it or if we would need it. The next day, a girl showed up at our gate who is due in a week. Parvin's story is sad and she has no one and nowhere to go. She was able to move into our emergency shelter, where for one week she will be sharing with a girl and her baby who had a similar situation. Now these young women can get to know one another and become friends and a support system for each other. She will be able to stay with us for 6 months and then we will help her find a place to live. She has been able to be involved, such as joining our pottery class, and see how childcare here works. When the baby is a year old, she'll be able to go back to school and the baby will stay in our childcare program. To think that I'm going to be here for a year and be able to watch her baby be born and then grow up is crazy. I'm so excited to see what God has in store for them. 




Then there are these pictures. They were taken in a manner of 3 seconds and each second, the precious little boy at the bottom of the pictures emotions changed. I cracked up when I first noticed his face. It's truly amazing how many things we can feel in a few seconds. He had started crying in the last picture and I immediately picked him up and started consoling him and he was fine and smiling again. Our children here see each day how much we love them through our actions and are also learning about the love that our Heavenly Father has for them. His love is perfect and pure and full of grace. 









"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." ~ Jeremiah 29:11-13 NIV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Questions

The Last 4 Months

New Year Update