$10,000


When I got the email from Tina with all of the information about HEAL, I was so excited. And then immediately very overwhelmed. A number was put to this journey. I will have to raise approximately $10,000 in order to stay with HEAL for the year. $10,000. That's a pretty big number. That number made this all very real. It put doubt in my mind. How the heck am I going to raise $10,000? I can't do that in such a short amount of time...what happens if I don't raise the money? Fear caused my mind to start doubting. 


And then I stopped. And I realized that God always provides. And I knew that I would be able to get the money needed to go because God is good. And he is faithful. And he would not call me to do something so great and have everything fall into place like this and then not let me go because of money. 


The money breaks down like this:

$2500 - flight 
$1650 - first three months lodging, internet and lunch
$2700 - last nine months lodging, internet and lunch
$2400 - spending money for the year (dinner, travel while I'm there, etc.)
$200 - VISA

Now I know this isn't quiet $10,000. However, this is still not including all of the shots and medication (such as Malaria pills - which I did research on and the Malaria pills themselves will be over $500...I'm praying that these will be covered by my insurance), clothes for while I'm there (skirts down to the ankles and v-neck t-shirts), and other supplies that I'm going to need throughout the year. 


I then received another email telling me when I need to have the money in by. The flight money? In by April 1st. APRIL 1ST?! Panic and stress again. And then again reminding myself that God is good and he will provide. And you know what? He has. Someone very generously told me that they would write me a check for my plane ticket and I would have my entire lifetime to pay them back. I honestly couldn't believe it when they told me, and at first I told them no. And then I realized, this is God providing. Right here in this moment. So I graciously said okay and thanked them profusely. And I will be forever indebted to them, because they have made this trip a reality for me. So today, I sent that check and the paperwork that makes my internship official to HEAL Ministries. Very shortly, I will have a plane ticket to Uganda! 


So while $10,000 seems like such a large number, God is so much larger. So what am I doing? Praying. Praying a lot. And also asking people for support. Because I can't do this on my own. So if you are reading this right now, I ask that you pray for me. Pray for HEAL. Pray for the work that I will be doing and for the women and children that I will be working with. And pray with me that I get the financial support that I need. 


If you would like to support me financially, you can. You can send cash or a check (without my name on it for tax purposes) written to HEAL Ministries to: 


Betty Ross

Lebanon Valley College HA 105
101 N. College Avenue
Annville, PA 17003

Or you can send money to my Paypal account using my cell phone: 201-819-1374. 

If you have already donated, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are allowing me to go on this journey. Without you, I wouldn't be able to go. If you can't help me financially, that is okay. I completely understand. I just ask that you pray for me then :) 

I'm looking forward to keeping you updated. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me! 
Blessings to you all! <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Questions

The Last 4 Months

New Year Update