Seasons

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
          a time to be born, and a time to die;
          a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
          a time to kill, and a time to heal;
          a time to break down, and a time to build up;
          a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
          a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
          a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
          a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
          a time to seek, and a time to lose;
          a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
          a time to tear, and a time to sew;
          a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
          a time to love, and a time to hate;
          a time for war, and a time for peace.

                    Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 ESV

This verse was part of a devotion that I did about a month ago. I started writing this blog then but haven't been able to finish it until now. This verse is very appropriate for what's going on in my life right now. I am in the midst of a season of change.

There have been so many changes here at the James Place recently. And there are a lot of changes occurring outside of the James Place as well. I had to say goodbye to my best friend recently. It's hard to say goodbye, not knowing when the next time we'll get to see each other will be. The reassuring thing is that really that's how life is everyday with everyone. We often take life for granted, thinking that we will have all the time in the world to do the things we want. However, each day is precious and is a gift from God. Tomorrow is never guaranteed.

And then Fergie left a while ago which was pretty sad. It's the first time I've been alone roommate wise since I've been here. But then Heather arrived and that's been really awesome because we became good friends last time she was here. Her heart is really big and she just loves giving where it's needed. She has started her own organization called His Heart For Africa. She looks to see who needs help and does her best to help where she can with other organizations that are established here in Jinja. It's been a blessing having her back. 

So thankful for all that His Heart for Africa does! 


Then we had a guest move in named Jordan and it's been nice getting to learn a little about his life and seeing how the Lord is working in his life. Now he's gone and I'll have to shift to that room before the other interns start arriving. We had a team arrive this Wednesday which meant a trip to the airport to go pick them up. And then other interns start arriving next week and I'll also be going to pick them when they get in as well. The "normalcy" that I've known here will never occur again. But that's okay. Change is good and it is a natural part of life, though we often fear it.

We are in the process of updating our online store. We recently started new collections of jewelry, and the women have been working super hard to create beautiful pieces. The other day, we had a photo shoot down on the shore of Lake Victoria. Be on the look out for our new products soon!

I was the umbrella holder for the day

We also recently had two graduations at the James Place. One for ladies in a business class and one for the ladies in our sewing program. The sewing graduation was so much fun and I'm so proud of all of our women! It's great to be able to celebrate them and all they've learned and accomplished so far. 
Our Beginner Sewing Graduates (a 1 year program) 

Recently, MDI was here and I got to meet with the man who connected me with HEAL, Steve Lorenz. MDI is an awesome organization who gives free Christian counseling to any organization who would like it. They work with organizations in many different countries and it was lovely to have them here in Uganda. During that time, they sat down and talked with me about how I've grown since I've been here and what the future may hold. Just a couple of days later, Tina sat down with me and asked if I would like to continue doing work with HEAL. I've been praying about this quite a lot, because I definitely feel that God wants me back here, at least for a little while. Nothing is set in stone, but it looks like when I go home (which is next month already... crazy!) I'll have some time at home but then I'll also be spending time in Nashville doing work for HEAL. I'll be working on marketing and product placement for the jewelry, rugs, and pillows that are women make as well as doing some administration work stateside. The nice thing is, Tina will be home for treatment during this time so I might even be able to help her out some while I'm there.

Steve and I 

During my time at home, I'll have to be doing fundraising. I will be coming back to work for HEAL again in January most likely for a two year period. When I come back, I will be overseeing the women in the artisan program, building stronger relationships with them, and overseeing quality control for the products that they are creating as well as continuing with a lot of the admin work that I've been doing.

With that being said, I am in the process of creating a budget for my return here. I will be sending a letter out shortly, asking you to help me get back to Uganda so I can continue serving the women and children of the James Place. If you would like to help support me financially, I would definitely appreciate it. Last time I had to fundraise, I only had two months and thought it was going to be impossible. However, God totally showed me that if it's in His will, he will provide. I have a little bit longer to fundraise this time, and while it will be more that I have to raise, I know God will again provide. It's so easy to worry about things in this life, but God instructs us otherwise. He has everything in control and understands the bigger picture that is going on, even when we may not. If you can't support me financially, your prayers and thoughts are always needed and much appreciated. Thank you all for following me on this journey. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me. God bless you.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Questions

The Last 4 Months

New Year Update