In Flux

Life here is constantly in flux. People come. People go. God has allowed so many awesome people to cross my path and for that, I am grateful. I have friends from Australia, the UK, the Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Canada, as well as the US and Uganda. Coming here, I knew I'd be going from being with 10 other interns to just being by myself. I was able to prepare my heart for that. What I didn't really expect was finding two different Bible study groups that I've become close to and then losing those people that I've come to love so much so quickly.

The one Bible study I'm involved with is with a group of slightly older women. One other girl was about my age and she just went home last week. She had been here for a year. All I could think about was how that is going to be me in about six and a half months. Having to leave a country that I've fallen in love with, but more importantly, having to leave all of the people that I have fallen in love with. And there's the possibly of not knowing what the future holds for me. My time here is flying. I can't believe that I've been here for five months already. It's weird because I feel like I just got here but I also feel like I've been here forever. I don't even like to think about having to leave because it honestly makes my heart hurt. I've heard so many people say that going home is so hard because of culture shock. I already know that it going to be so hard going back. 

The other Bible study is filled with ladies that are closer to my age. This group has really found a special place in my heart and God has certainly blessed me with each member. We go to church together;  we get meals and coffee together. Last week, we lost a woman who has been here doing God's work for the past two years of her life. Then yesterday, I just had to say goodbye to two ladies (and one of their husbands) who are on their way back to Canada. Every Sunday since they've gotten here, we've gone out to lunch after church together. I'm certainly going to miss these lovely people.

Goodbye Dinner




















The great thing? Well there are two really. One: technology makes it so easy to stay in touch no matter how many miles separate us. Two: one day we will all be heaven together and can just worship and praise the Lord together. Like Tigger always says, TTFN (Ta Ta For Now). 




Trey left for the states last Monday, which means that I have been in charge of HEAL since then. It's stressful and tiresome being in charge of an organization, but I'm glad I could be here and allow him to go home. This is the first time in two years that their family has been able to spend the holidays together. I've known that Trey was leaving during this time for a while and have been praying about it since. So much can go wrong that it becomes easy to worry about things. However, the Lord clearly tells us not to worry and I have been trying very hard to just give everything to him. 



So far, everything has been running pretty smoothly. There haven't been any major problems and it's just dealing with the normal, every day problems that arise. I'm praying that it continues like that. Our ministry is closed for two weeks in December to give our staff some much deserved time off during the holidays. During that time, I will be doing a three day safari in Murchison Falls. It'll be nice to get a way for a few days, because there won't be much to do around here without any of the kids to look after! I also know that it's going to be weird being here for Christmas. This is the first time that I'll be away from my family. Skyping with them on Thanksgiving (well a few of them anyway) was much harder on me than I thought it was going to be. It's crazy how your heart can be in love with and just want to be in two places at once. I've heard many missionaries say that it never gets any easier. When you're in the field, you want to be home; when you're home, you want to be in the field. I guess, in a way, this is God showing us that this earth is simply that, it's earth. It's not our home. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Questions

The Last 4 Months

New Year Update