Brothers and Sisters

Something that has been on my heart lately is how much our kids love each other here at The James Place.  



Yes, they are kids and sometimes they hit each other or take each other's toys. Yes, some are brothers and sisters by blood. But most of our 50 kids are not related. And the love they have for each other is something special. I get to watch 3 and 4 year olds try and console the younger ones when they are crying or upset. I watch these little children pick each other up and carry each other around. I see them hug and kiss each other and hold hands as they run around the compound. I see them smile and laugh and play together, simply loving one another and doing life together. 


Our kids are growing up getting to know the love of Jesus. The ones who are old enough for preschool get to learn about God everyday. The younger ones are taught a Bible story weekly. All of the kids are loved on by the staff daily and are learning Jesus' love through them. I get to love on these kids daily too, and I pray that they can see Jesus' light shining through me. I pray that each of our children will continue growing in the Lord and as they get older, that they will lead Christ centered lives, sharing the love of Jesus with everyone they meet. 

"You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness." - 1 Thessalonians 5:5 NIV 


I listened to a sermon from my home church today (this is the first time since I've been in Africa that I haven't gone to a church service - loving on the kids means getting to share their germs and my body just couldn't fight this one off!) This sermon really hit my heart. I was reminded that I am an orphan without God, that we are all orphans without God. Without God, I am hopeless and helpless. I am worthy of nothing, but God loves me all the same. He loves me, and he loves you, so incredibly much that he sent his son, Jesus Christ, to die on a cross for us, so that we would be forgiven and be granted entry into the Kingdom of God. 

I am an orphan without God, but with Him, I am His daughter; I am an heir to the Kingdom of God. And all of those who believe in Him are one... so I have many brothers and sisters in Christ! God delights in walking with me, and He desires to walk with you as well. All you have to do is believe that Jesus is your savior, that he gave his life on a cross so your sins could be forgiven and you could have eternal life, and ask forgiveness for your sins. 

"For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory."- Romans 8:14-17 NIV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Questions

The Last 4 Months

New Year Update