Ask and Receive

As of today, I have over $5,000 raised for my year long internship with HEAL Ministries!

God is so good. I was not expecting to have nearly this much money raised yet. It has only been 3 weeks since I have been fundraising and I already have half of what I need. And I have my plane ticket in my possession! I officially leave on June 30th :) And I graduate from Lebanon Valley College a month from today. I can't believe how fast everything is falling into place.
PictureThe cross with Philippians 4:13
God is certainly present in everything that is going on pertaining to this journey. Besides the incredible financial help, I have also received numerous gifts from people.

The first present I received was a small cross with Philippians 4:13 in it to keep with me every day while I'm in Africa (I can't wear any jewelry while I'm there).

Someone from my internship and one of the churches I attend then brought me two sets of beautiful African clothes made by her African friend who makes these clothes professionally. The detail is truly incredible. Both pieces have a top, a skirt, and a head piece.

    Picture


    I've also had numerous people ask me what they can give to bring to the women and children of Uganda. I think some people will be donating items and paying the fee for the extra bag at the airport. I have this funny image in my head of arriving in Uganda with like 10 huge bags and having to get on a moped with all of them to make the 2-4 hour journey from the airport to The James Place haha. 
    Thank you to everyone who is praying for me and to everyone who has helped me financially. I am so incredibly blessed to have so many people in my life who care about me and who are making this journey possible. It would be impossible without you.

    I do need to raise approximately $5,000 more. If you would like, I invite you to share my story with your families, friends, and churches. If any church decides to help me financially, I would love to give a presentation about my experience to the congregation at some point when my year of serving is over. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

    Thank you so much and God bless!


    "Make me to know your ways, O LORD;
          teach me your paths.
    Lead me in your truth and teach me,
          for you are the God of my salvation;
          for you I wait all the day long."
    ~Psalm 25:4-5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Questions

The Last 4 Months

New Year Update